Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

Fall is my favorite season!  I love the rainy days, truly I do!  I love pumpkin patch days, chili & football, and I LOVE this stuff below

It's called Boston Ivy & it is absolutely gorgeous!  In my little opinion.  Can you believe that for a few weeks out of the year I get to drive past this gorgeous stuff day in & day out.   Unfair I know.  Another fall favorite is Pumpkin bread.  Which is really what I'm trying to get to here.

 Hot out of the oven in this pic.  I actually had to have a slice before posting.  Seriously. 


Pumpkin Bread

5 eggs
1 1/4 C. vegetable oil
1 can (15 oz.) solid-pack pumpkin
2 C. all-purpose flour
2 C. sugar
2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs.  Add oil and pumpkin; beat until smooth.  Combine remaining ingredients; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture.  Pour batter into five greased 5-in. x 2 1/2-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.  Bake at 325 for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool on wire racks. 

* It can be baked in two greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pans for 75-80 minutes.

No comments: