Friday, October 22, 2010

Trick or treat bags

All those who are tired of those cheap $1 plastic trick or treat bags that break, Say "I".  Alright, alright, I hear you loud & clear. 

Let's do something about it.......


Cute, right?!  Obviously these are customized for this year's costumes: Jessie, Bo Peep, Woody & Buzz.  No, I did not force the Toy Story theme on the kiddos.  Well actually Diablo (my sweet 2 year old) is wearing a hand me down Buzz but other than that my hands are clean - I swear. 

Back to business.

I found the tutorial here but I did make a few changes. 

Buzz is the measurements stated on the tutorial.  I found it to be a tad small so the other 3 are 2" wider & the handle 2" longer.  Woody & Buzz are appliques.  The Jessie one I stitched the spots on to the black felt before sewing.

Have fun with this one! 

2 comments:

Janet said...

Those bags are so fun! My son was just telling me today that he needs a candy bag, according to him the pumpkin buckets just aren't big enough. :) Thanks for the cute ideas!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

these are amazing! love the cow one especially!