Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The best sweet potato dish EVER!

I first had this delictable dish on Thanksgiving when my friend, Jen, brought it to dinner.  She told me she had a good sweet potato dish that she would bring, ok great!  On Thanksgiving I am a side dish person!  I am all about the sides and take very little meat and rolls.  I sat down with my full plate and tasted the sweet potatoes and...
 OH MY!  
They were straight from heaven!  

I am not joking they were so good I savored every bite and had to restrain 
myself from mmmming and ahhhing with every bite!  
 Yes I took a picture of it that day knowing someday I would share it with you.

Ok so on with the recipe...

Praline Sweet Potatoes
4 cups of mashed sweet potatoes - just peel, cut up, and boil, then mash
1/2 cup sugar
2 T. vanilla
4 eggs beaten
1 cup heavy cream
Mix all of the above ingredients together and spread into a 9x13 pan.

Topping
1 stick of butter room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour (she used rice flour for me to make it GF and it still tasted great!)
1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Mix these ingredients together with a fork until crumbly. 
Sprinkle this mixture over potato mixture and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Enjoy the greatness!

Hope you try these and enjoy them!
Leftovers are just as good!

No comments: