Tuesday, January 25, 2011

How to love your tablecloths, again

I quite like tablecloths.  There are some very pretty, cute & sassy & classy looking tablecloths out there.  So my problem isn't with the tablecloth itself.  It's with what happens once that cute & sassy tablecloth lands on my table.  They get bunched up, they get pulled all to one side, they end up laying all caddy wompis on my table & I HATE that!  So I stopped using them many, many years ago.  Unless of course there was some fun & fancy function at my house.  Then I dealt with it for a few hours, giving it the evil eye the whole time.  Until now.  I have a great solution for all those tablecloth headaches. I'm telling you ladies this is so fabulous & it makes me smile just typing about it.  Now to give credit where credit is due this is my mother-in-laws fabulous idea, not mine.

Ok, grab that tablecloth & lay it on the table. 

Then measure all the sides to make sure everything is even.

 Then pinch the corner right up against the table & pin in a vertical line.  Then sew right along where the pins are.  In a vertical 3 inch line.  Am I making sense?

 The stitch line is to the very left of the blue tape.  I did such a good job matching my thread that you can't see the stitch - yay for me!  (Yes this is a different tablecloth.  I realized I should have a picture showing the stitch & used the tablecloth currently on my table)

And VOILA!  Your tablecloth not only will look lovely but will stay put.  And that ladies is a wonderful thing!

1 comment:

Jamey said...

I found this idea on pinterest - but my question is - do you think there is a way to make it work with an oval table? I LOVE this idea!!!