Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rainbow cupcakes

I made these for St. Patrick's Day but still wanted to share the concept because they can be made for many occasions.  Not just St. Patty's Day.




My kids went crazy over them & it got me thinking.......  How fun to pick 2 or even 3 colors & layer those.  Pink & white or blue & white for a baby shower would be sooooo cute!  Or even red & blue for a Spider-man birthday party theme.  I could go on all day ladies......just planting little seeds of thought.  Just wait, you'll try to fit these into any upcoming occasion.  They're just that fun!

Like I said before I'm sharing a concept not a recipe.  Take a white cake mix & mix it up.  Separate the batter into 6 bowls.  Dye the batter whatever color you want in each bowl.  Then evenly distribute between 12 cupcake tins.  I won't lie, this is where I didn't know if this was worth it.  I was going crazy getting each color to cover completely over the other.  You can use the back of a spoon to help gently spread each color around.  And if you happen to have a Pampered Chef small scoop that will help tremendously because each color/layer is one small scoop per cupcake.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Those look fabulous!!! I can't wait to try some out and take to work. Everyone will be impressed!