Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sweet and Sour with an apology

Alright let me first say that we apologize for a lack of posts lately but we have been busy ladies.  I won't bore you with our excuses we will just move on.  We hope you like our revamping of our blog.  We were feeling that it looked a little drab for who we are.  If we could figure it out we would have a flashing neon sign for our blog header but we are just learning.  Maybe someday!

Alright so on to the sweet and sour part....

When I was first married I explored a lot of recipes and had a wide variety of meals.  It seems as though our meal plan has narrowed some and now I am lucky to get something more than cold cereal on the table.  One of the recipes that I used to make all the time and we loved was Sweet and Sour chicken .  It is quick and delicious!  So without further adieu...



Sweet and Sour Chicken/pork
1 can pineapple tidbits in juice
1/3 cup vinegar
3/4 cup water 
2 T. soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 T. lemon juice
1/4-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Chicken or pork cut into bite size pieces and cooked

Drain the pineapple, save the pineapple for later and put the juice into a medium sauce pan. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.  In a small bowl mix 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch with a little water; add to sauce mixture.  Cook until thickened.  Add pineapple and desired meat.  You can also add green or red peppers and onion if desired.  I recently made this with fresh pineapple and red peppers.  It was DELICIOUS!  I had to buy just pineapple juice for the sauce but it was worth it!  I usually double the sauce for this recipe we like sauce, we are saucy people...lol!

No comments: