Friday, November 19, 2010

Gratitude Journal

I was blog surfing the other day,(shocking I know!) and came across a great idea to have a family gratitude journal for Thanksgiving time. I decided that I wanted to make one for our family. Now that we live far away from both of our families I wanted to find things to fill our Thanksgiving Day. 

The idea of the journal is to pull it out on Thanksgiving and have everyone write in it what they are thankful for that year. I think the best part will be pulling in out in future years and reading about past years. 
Now to make this fun project I went to Hobby Lobby and found a great sketch book in the art section that has plain white paper in it. Then I found some cute fall paper and stickers. I came home and decoupaged the paper and stickers to the front of it. I think it turned out quite well! I can't wait to let the kids write, or draw what they are thankful for!
 I want to tie some cute fall ribbon on the spirals but haven't found any yet.
I decided to display it on my mantel with my other new fall decor I found on an 80% off sale at Hobby Lobby!  Gotta love the clearance sales!
I am grateful for so much this year that I might just fill the book myself!

2 comments:

Swanson Family said...

My grandma started a gratitude journal when I was in middle school - all the aunts, uncles, and cousins added to it each year. Sadly, after she passed away the tradition stopped. Thanks for reminding my - I think I may just get one ready for our family this year too!

Coco said...

I SOOOO miss Hobby Lobby! Isn't it the best?!