Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hair bow organizer tutorial

I have seen many of these things here & there.  But none really appealed to me.  I didn't want to paint, no wood involved & cheap & easy PLEASE.  So here is what I came up with.

 36" of 1 1/2" wide ribbon, 1 - 1 1/2" "D" ring, and the felt & button are optional.

 Wrap the ribbon under & over the flat side of the "D" hook & pin.

 Stitch across to secure the "D" ring there.  You can call it good & go hang it up & use it.  But I wanted to cute-ify mine, just a teeny bit.

I gave myself 30 minutes from start to finish for this project so I had a washer laying on my craft table & decided to trace that.  No time to look for another circle object to trace.

 I opted to cut it out with my new pinking sheers.  Why have I not had a pair of these ever before?!

 This is where I was in debate.....I decided to stitch the button on with green thread.  I should have taken the 2 minutes & gotten the embroidery floss out, I think that would have been chunkier & cutier.  Too late!  So after stitching it on I hot glued it to the ribbon up by the "D" ring.

 I ran the bottom of the ribbon across the flame to finish the edge

 Voila!

Much better than what I had before!

No comments: